5 Benefits of a Romantic Getaway
Love is in the air! Maybe it’s because Valentine’s Day is right around the corner or it is just my way of hinting to Mark that it is time for us to plan a trip, but I keep thinking about the importance of romantic getaways. According to Dr. Google there are a few top benefits to taking a trip – just you and the one you love.
1. Reconnecting Escaping to somewhere – just the two of you is a great way to refocus on each other. It’s not just the change in scenery; it’s about reconnecting and remembering that spark that still burns. When you are away from the daily grind all the noise of life drops away. That quality time together is essential to a strong relationship.
2. Making Memories Adventure is the spice of life. Not only do you learn things about each other (and yourself) while you navigate roads, trails, and new places, but you also get excitement and stories that turn into great memories. I remember a trip that included a ride on a Vespa (Mark’s ideal form of transportation) that included me wiping the mist off his helmet so he could see -while he was driving! Definitely an adventure. And we lived to tell the tale.
3. Reducing Stress Stress relief is a major bonus to any getaway. And I believe it can be even more enhanced when you are relaxing in a peaceful environment. This is a great way to unwind and promote emotional well-being, for both of you. Take a deep breath and enjoy the fresh air.
4. Appreciation of Each Other Give yourselves the time and space to indulge in the things you love. As most of you know, I love to cook. Mark has many great skills in the kitchen, but I don’t think he would tell you that cooking is his passion. But every time we take a couple’s vacation, we try to throw in a cooking class. For me, it’s one of the best treats because I get to do something I love, with the one I love.
5. Enhanced Communication You talk to each other on your trip. It just happens. All your daily words get used up together. Some of the words are while driving or flying or talking about what you just saw. But the opportunity is there to spend a little time talking about dreams and plans for the future. Maybe it is just the natural consequence of rekindling your romantic spark, but I think that the optimism and excitement about the future is purest on these excursions.
Give it a try. Take that romantic getaway with your special someone and see if it gives you the space to dream, and love, a little more deeply. If you are looking for the perfect place – I’ll suggest the Spouter Inn Bed and Breakfast. (You knew I had to throw that in!) We have a romantic ambiance, peace and quiet, and a wonderful view of Penobscot Bay. Sleep in a well-appointed room, enjoy a delicious breakfast, and enjoy a day exploring. Then come back in the evening to relax by the fire. We give you the space to focus on just the two of you. Of course, not everyone is lucky enough to escape to Mid-Coast Maine. So really, wherever you go – I hope you have a wonderful time!